Where to start?
There are three types of CBD oils, those being isolates, broad spectrum and full spectrum. Isolates contain CBD and no THC compound, broad spectrum has CBD and terpenes and no THC and full spectrum contains CBD, terpenes and THC of 0.3% or less. They are all federally legal and neither will get you high. Those who are looking to try cbd oils should take into account that whatever form you choose, it should be taken consistantly for 7 to 10 days for the best results. With this in mind, here are some steps to follow when considering buying cbd oil. (see featured products)Share
1. Identify your need or desired health benefit. CBD oil is used to help alleviate a number of ailments. Some of these ailments include anxiety, pain, trouble sleeping, inflammation, cramping, seizures, mood and skin care.
2. Choose a product type. CBD oil comes in a variety of products with attributes that include CBD concentration, CBD delivery method, immediate effects and lasting effects. Common products include oil tinctures, vape oils, edibles, topicals, capsules and concentrates.
1. CBD oil tinctures are usually the most common product type for beginners. They are consumed orally with the CBD being absorbed sublingually under the tongue. The delivery method is done by dropper or spray and the effects can be felt within 10 to 15 minutes and last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours.
2. Vape oils is a product used with a vape pen. The CBD product is absorbed in the lungs by vaping and the effects can be felt within minutes and can last between 1 to 6 hours.
3. Edibles are products that are eaten with the CBD oil being absorbed through the stomach. They can come in the form of chocolates, gummies, candies and more with the effects being felt within 1 to 2 hours and lasting from 6 to 12 hours.
4. Topicals are products in the form of creams, lotions and balms with the CBD oils being absorbed through the skin. They are good for localized pain, skin conditioning and inflammation. The effects can be felt within 1 to 2 hours and last from 6 to 12 hours.
5. Capsules are CBD products in the form of a pill and are consumed as a traditional medicine with water to help wash it down. It is absorbed through the stomach and the effects can be felt from 1 to 2 hours and can last from 6 to 12 hours.
6. Concentrates are products in the form of a paste that are absorbed sublingually under the tongue. The effects can be felt within 10 to 15 minutes and last up to 6 to 12 hours.
3. Things to look for in the labeling are concentration and certifications. The concentration should be labeled in milligrams of CBD. Don’t confuse this with volume of product. The certifications are important to ensure that you are getting a genuine quality product. Look for these certifications
100% Legal Industrial Hemp certifies that the product was produced from legal industrial hemp with a THC level of 0.3% or below. (Some recommend a product that is produced from a medical grade plant as it is considered to be a higher quality product.)
Good Manufacturing Practices certifies that the product is produced using industry standards to produce a consistent quality product.
Third party certificate of analysis ensures that the product claims of CBD content are verified.
4. Finally, do your homework and checkout user reviews and recommendations. These can be very helpful in steering you through the myriad of CBD products and vendors. Start simple and slow to save money and as with anything, you get what you pay for so stick to certified CBD products.